Tuesday, November 6, 2012

welcome packet and web design {dewdrops by amy photography}

I completed my latest project for Amy, of dewdrops by Amy photography, a fantastic photographer in Auburn, Alabama. I was fortunate to have her take my youngest son's newborn photos when he was born last summer. Amy is simply amazing and she keeps getting better and better with each shoot that she completes!

Birth announcement
Some of the gorgeous pics she took of our sweet Noah
Amy contacted me about putting together a welcome packet for her business. She continues to get busier and busier (check out the pictures in her Facebook albums and you will see why!), and she wanted something that she could send her new clients when they book sessions with her. She gave me free reign with the design, so I went to work to try to create something that would do her beautiful pictures justice.

The document contains multiples pages, so I thought it might be neat to be able to see the headings on each page if the packet is printed. So, the last page was created as a full size 8.5 x 11" sheet, and the 1st and 2nd pages were both smaller. When stacked on top of each other, they look like this and could easily slide into a folder's pocket.

Welcome packet

The document is saved as a pdf, ready to be emailed directly to her clients. It is also posted on her website for clients to check it out there as well.



She also wanted a form created for her website that her clients could fill out before their sessions. The form would give her key information, like how many children (and their ages) to expect, their likes and interests, and what the client was hoping to get from the session. I came up with the following:

Web form
This was actually the first web form I have ever created, so I was happy with the results. I have since created another one for my blog here. I still have lots to learn when it comes to web design, but I am trying to teach myself as I go.

Amy was pleased with the results and I was excited to work with her on this project.

4 comments:

  1. Great work!!These are just beautiful and well designed examples of great work and quite inspiring.Thumbs up for this great sharing keep it up! Website Design Portland

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, the last page was created as a full size 8.5 x 11" sheet, and the 1st and 2nd pages were both smaller. συντήρηση ιστοσελίδων

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the back page was a full sheet (8.5 x 11"), and the sheet in front was a bit shorter, and the sheet in front of that even shorter. When printed, you can see all of the headings. :)

      Delete